Online-Tickets & Admisson
Due to the current regulations, the visit is only possible with a ticket in connection with a fixed time slot. The booking is made via München Ticket or at the München Ticket advance booking offices in the Olympiapark, Deutsches Theater and Gasteig.
We ask for your understanding that tickets can only be booked for a maximum of four days in advance due to the current regulations. If your desired date is not yet displayed, please try again at a later date.
If you have booked your ticket online, you will receive it by e-mail. Please print the ticket or show it on your smartphone at the entrance. Further instructions can be found directly on the München Ticket website.
Free tickets for Annual Pass holders, children and young people under 18, reduced tickets and the One-Euro Sunday Ticket are also only available as tickets with a time slot. When you visit, please have a valid photo ID ready in addition to your ticket to prove your entitlement to a discount, if necessary.
During your visit it`s mandatory to wear a FFP2 mask. For children and young people from age 6 to 14 we also accept usual nose and mouth protections. Furthermore as a visitor it`s necessary to adhere to our general hygiene measures.
To ensure that you can enjoy your visit safely and again experience the much-cherished originals in our collections, we have compiled a checklist of answers to some frequently asked questions: www.pinakothek.de/en/welcome-back
FREE OR REDUCED ENTRANCE REGULATIONS
Admission is free for children and young people under the age of 18.
Reduced entrance price
The following are entitled to reduced-entrance price upon proof of eligibility
(ID, or other types of documentation detailed below; official photo ID should be provided upon request)
- Senior Citizens aged 65 and over.
- Students and participants on courses run by the Goethe-Institut.
We require a valid student ID issued by a university/higher education institution, or equivalent ID issued by the Goethe-Institut. If the ID does not show an expiry date, we would advise holders to apply for an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which includes this information.
- People with severe disabilities (registered carers enter free of charge).
- Travel and tour groups comprising at least 15 participants.
One person (tour guide or similar) should be responsible for arranging and settling payment at the museum entrance.
- The reduced rate applies in exceptional cases to groups of fewer than 15 people, in instances where the visit has been arranged by a charitable organization. To ensure eligibility, we request that you contact Visitor Services in plenty of time prior to your visit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Members of the following artist organizations: Verband Deutscher Kunsthistoriker e.V., Berufsverband Bildender Künstler, Vereinigung Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler in ver.di Bayern.
- Volunteers participating in the ‘Year of Voluntary Social Work’ and the ‘Year of Voluntary Environmental Work’.
- Those undertaking voluntary military service, and individuals classified as volunteers in accordance with stipulations outlined in the relevant federal law on voluntary military service.
- Holders of the Bavarian Voluntary Service card (Bayerische Ehrenamtskarte).
- Custodians of district and municipal heritage.
The following groups are entitled to free entry upon showing proof of eligibility
(proof of ID, or other documentation detailed below; official photo ID should be provided upon request).
- Children and young people up to their 18th birthday.
- All school pupils over the age of 18 (except those at night school and college, or undertaking courses via distance learning or at language schools).
We accept valid ID issued by the school, or (for groups) a letter from the school.
- Students undertaking degrees in fine art, art history, aesthetics, and art education. Additionally, those studying architecture, design, and graphic design are entitled to free entrance at the Pinakothek der Moderne.
We require a valid student ID issued by the university/higher education institution. If the ID does not show an expiry date, we would advise holders apply for an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which includes this information.
- Teaching staff, youth group workers, tour guides, and chaperones accompanying and/or preparing a museum visit by groups of children, young people, and school pupils.
We would request you submit an original copy of a letter from the school or institution at the entrance.
- University teaching staff accompanying and/or preparing a museum visit by students undertaking courses in art, art history, and aesthetics.
- Registered carers of visitors with severe disabilities.
- Journalists with valid press card.
- Tour leaders and guides with proof of professional affiliation (one person accompanying a maximum of 25 participants), and drivers employed by the travel company wishing to participate directly in the museum visit.
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
- Friends and members of associations promoting the relevant museums and collections, and of the ‘Friends of the MPZ e.V.’ association.
- Employees of the Museumspädagogische Zentrum (MPZ).
- Recipients of the Bavarian Order of Merit, the Bavarian Medals for Life Saving (with ribbon), the Bavarian Order of Maximilian for Science and Art.
- Elected officials and members of the diplomatic service (see PDF for further information).
Our Visitor Service (email) will be happy to answer any additional queries.
You can download these regulations here (PDF).