Giovanni Battista Tiepolo
The Adoration of the Kings, 1753
Leinwand, 408 x 210,5 cm
Erworben 1804 als Säkularisationsgut
Inv. Nr. 1159
The Adoration of the Kings
Tiepolo painted the "Adoration of the Kings" for the high altar of the monastery church in Schwarzach. During this time - between 1750 and 1753 - he was based in Franconia where he painted frescoes for the grand stairwell of the Prince Bishop's royal residency in Würzburg.